One of the best ways to brew coffee is to use French press. Below is a recommended direction on how to brew using French press:
1. Place pot on a dry, flat, non-slip surface. Hold handle firmly, then pull the plunger unit straight up and out of the pot.
2. For each 4 oz cup, put 1 rounded tablespoon of coarse ground coffee into the pot. CAUTION: Use only coarse ground coffee. Fine grind can clog the filter and create high pressure. Place coffee maker on a heat proof, non-slip surface.
3. Pour hot (not boiling) water into the pot. Leave a minimum of 2.5 cm, 1 inch of space at the top. Stir the brew with a plastic spoon. CAUTION: Metal spoons can scratch or chip the glass beaker and cause breakage.
4. Place the plunger unit on top of the pot. Turn the lid to close off the pour spout opening (if applicable). Do not press down. Let the coffee brew for at about 4 to 6 minutes.
5. Hold the pot handle firmly with the spout turned away from you, then using just the weight of your hand, apply slight pressure on top of the knob to lower the plunger straight down into the pot. Lowering the plunger slowly with minimal pressure produces best results. If the filter clogs or it becomes difficult to push down the plunger you should remove the plunger from the pot, stir the brew and then slowly plunge again. WARNING: Using excessive force can cause scalding liquid to shoot out of the pot.
6. Turn the lid to open the pour spout (if applicable) and then pour coffee.
7. Unscrew the filter assembly and clean the plunger unit after each use. Depending on the brand, all parts are usually dishwasher safe.
8. Scald Hazard:
Excessive plunging force can cause scalding hot liquid to shoot out of pot. Do not plunge with force. Turn lid to close spout. Use only coarse ground coffee.
- Not for stove top use.
- Check glass beaker for scratches, cracks or chips. Do not use a pot which is scratched, chipped or cracked. Install a replacement beaker before using the pot again.
- Keep children away while using. Hot water is a hazard to small children!
- Do not allow children to use this coffee maker.